Rescheduling GRE Exam: How to Reschedule or Cancel GRE Test in 2023?
Every year millions of students take the exam to secure a seat for their higher studies in top universities abroad. A good score can ace your application process to get admission to your dream university. While preparing for the GRE, you need to know about the latest GRE dates, registration, rescheduling process of the exam, etc.
If you, too, are planning to take the GRE test but won’t be able to give it due to unforeseen circumstances, reschedule no later than 4 days before your test date. Yes. It is possible to cancel or reschedule the GRE exam through email, fax, phone, etc. Though to initiate the process, one needs to pay a fee of $50.
To help you in this process, in the blog, we have discussed everything related to how many days before we can reschedule the GRE exam and other related aspects. Let’s understand in detail about rescheduling GRE, cancelling GRE, fee payment, etc.
The GRE is a standardised test taken by students seeking admission to graduate programs abroad. But what if someone is unable to take their test on the test date? Can they reschedule the GRE exam? Yes. Lately, the conducting body has introduced a reschedule GRE exam feature for the convenience of the students.
These changes have been implemented for students who fail to appear on the given test date. The rescheduling GRE features give you the flexibility to modify your exam dates under unavoidable circumstances.
Suggested:Best Time to Take the GRE Exam
Now we know some insights on rescheduling the GRE exam, let's look at the process of rescheduling and cancelling the GRE test.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Process of GRE Exam
To score high on the GRE test may take a lot of hard work and practice. You must evaluate your GRE preparation and then apply for the GRE. However, if you have any last-minute emergency due to which you might not take the test on the mentioned date, the ETS policy will help you to reschedule GRE exam. Let’s check how?
How to Reschedule GRE Exam?
Here are the 6 simple steps on how to reschedule GRE exam:
- Step 1: Login into the ETS official website using your email and password.
- Step 2: Go to the Upcoming Test section, here, you will see two options i.e. Reschedule and Cancellation - Choose the Reschedule option.
- Step 3: Select your new test date and time from the available slots. If you want to change your test centre, choose it.
- Step 4: If your dates are available, a new window will pop up to verify it. Click on the Register button.
- Step 5: Now, if you have rescheduled GRE, then complete the form by rechecking all your personal details like name, contact, test date, centre, etc. Confirm it.
- Step 6: The last step of how to reschedule GRE exam is to pay the required fees. After paying the rescheduled fee, you will receive a confirmation email in your registered mail.
Suggested:GRE Exam Eligibility
How to Cancel Your GRE Exam?
In case you are no longer interested in attempting the GRE test, then the ETS policy also allows you to cancel the GRE exam.
Following are the 3 simple steps of how to cancel GRE exam:
- Step 1: First log in to the ETS official website using your email and password.
- Step 2: Go to the My Account option and click on Upcoming Test. Two options will appear on your screen i.e. Reschedule and Cancellation - Choose the Cancellation option.
- Step 3: Now click the 'confirm cancellation' button to cancel your test.
Suggested:Everything About GRE Scores and Results
If you are cancelling the GRE test due to a lack of preparation, explore this video.
So these are steps you have to follow for rescheduling and cancelling GRE exam. Let us now know the ways to do the same.
What are Different Ways to Reschedule GRE Exam?
There are different ways to reschedule the GRE exam, the most common among them is the online mode which has been discussed above. Apart from the online mode, you can reschedule GRE at home through mail, fax, or phone.
Reschedule GRE By Mail
Although no particular form is available for rescheduling the GRE test by mail. But you can avail of it by mailing your details to the authority. Some of the details you must include in the mail are:
- Date of birth
- Registration number
- Test date
- Preferred test centre
- New test date
- 50 USD rescheduling fee
With the above details you can mail your request to the ETS at the given address:
P.O. Box 6000
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000 USA
Suggested:GRE to GMAT Score Conversion
Reschedule GRE By Fax
Apart from the mail, ETS offers the option of rescheduling GRE through fax too. You can fax your request with the rescheduling fees to 1-610-290-8975.
Reschedule GRE By Phone
If somehow you fail to send your reschedule request to the ETS by Fax and Mail, you can also reschedule your test by Phone too. For this, you have to make a phone call to two numbers i.e. 1-609-771-7670 or 1-866-473-4373. The time available for calling is between Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 7.45 pm.
Suggested:Test Day Tips for GRE
GRE Rescheduling and Cancellation Fees
To confirm your reschedule and cancellation of the GRE test you need to pay some fees for that. Here we have discussed the costs of cancellation and registration of the GRE exam:
GRE Exam Reschedule Fees
The GRE reschedule fee depends on which location you are taking the test. For example, except in China, you need to pay 50 USD to reschedule your GRE time, dates or centre along with the test fees. If you have rescheduled your GRE test at once and taken it, you need to pay a total of 228 + 50 = $278 USD.
Whereas in China, the GRE exam reschedule fee is a little higher than in other countries, it is around 53.90 USD.
GRE Exam Cancellation Fees
After knowing how to cancel the GRE exam, the next thing you must remember is that you have to cancel the test at least four days before the test date to get the refund. You can get a 50% refund if you have cancelled the GRE test prior to the given time.
Suggested:GRE Exam Dates 2023
Prepare for GRE with Yocket Prep
Be it cancellation or rescheduling of your GRE test, we will be there for you.
With Yocket’s GRE Prep platform you can get hold of a whole lot of things - FREE mock & diagnostic tests, FREE resources, more than 40 personalised difficulty-level subject practice tests with instant performance report and detailed solutions, and much much more!
And well, not just that, Yocket Prep will offer you:
- Instant solutions and performance analysis based on your diagnostic tests
- Focussed and prioritised GRE learning and practice schedule, to keep you ahead of time
- Custom priority-based study planner, which focuses on the most important & marks-fetching topics practice by volume
- 7 GRE style tests (which are very difficult to get tbh), 40+ topic-wise tests, access to Priority Dashboard and much more than you can imagine through Yocket Prep+
GRE or Graduate Record Examinations is one of the most popular tests among graduate students wishing to pursue a master's degree at top universities abroad. Getting a very good GRE to score out of 340 can help you to secure a seat in your interested program at your dream university. However, if you have rescheduled or cancelled your GRE exam due to a lack of preparation, worry not! Join Yocket premium today and get specially curated suggestions, counselling services, documentation support and get answers to your most commonly asked questions about entrance tests and studying abroad from experienced counsellors!